Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Don't eat bagged spinach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Don't eat bagged spinach

    Today show this morning is warning everyone to throw out your bagged spinach.It had caused one death and many people are sick.E coli has been detected in bagged spinach.But IMHO I would throw it out wether it be in a bag or not.Said this morning to throw out all bagged spinach no matter what brand.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    I woke up to that this morning too... I've been eating spinach leaves from a bag mix for the past two weeks for lunch. I threw what was left out!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    Just wash it. Problem solved.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    Just bought some the other day, but I threw it away this morning after watching it on the news.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    It said this mornin that the water was contaminated that was used in the growning process.So it would not do any good to just wash it.The e coli is in the roots of the spinach.So if you wish to keep eating it then you don't have as much to live for as I do.It's your call.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    9th state has had problems with it (Ohio)

    Popeye is foaming at the mouth!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    Funny you say that about Popeye.After I told the lady I work for this morning about the spinach ahe ask me what Popeye was gonna do?So I guess i'll just tell her Monday,that I heard he was foaming at the mouth. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    I bet ole Popeye's disappointed.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    [ QUOTE ]
    Just wash it. Problem solved.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Not quite that simple.
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't eat bagged spinach

    I love baby spinach in my salads. I thought about just washing it off but when I watched CNN this morning they sent out a warning to everyone to be on the safe side was to throw it away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •